Thursday, May 29, 2014

My fuzzy wuzzy is now a prickly pear - I shaved the dog.

Tim is up in Bristol Bay, hopefully with at least limited phone after tomorrow or so, and I hear they got quite a lot of rain yesterday. The chickens are looking less and less like chicks, and Tilly and Sancho have been enjoying walks around the lake.

Yesterday I had essentially an eight-hour interview, starting with movement activities and a grammar lesson for second grade, then moving on to handwriting with first grade, then an interview with administration, then stories of Alaska history and pioneers and geography with fifth grade, then an all-staff interview. All of that on top of the last month I have spent substituting and observing as many classes as possible. The list of things I could have said differently in my interview keeps getting longer, but the thought that someone went through all the trouble of coating the second graders in magic pixy dust to make them be the perfect engaged, creative students for two consecutive hours shows someone is really pulling for me so I will try to relax and wait to hear back on this job I want so badly. Send well-wishes to the keeper of the pixy dust for me!

1 comment: