Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Ready for homecoming

So today, from Tilly's perspective, could probably be summed up by "Not Stoked". Vet, vacuum, shower, shave, then washing the sheets which means no jumping on the bed! Really, it was a bit like all day torture with intermittent car rides and short walks. All too short of walks for the torture forced upon such a sweet creature! (Again, no pictures until Tim gets home - tomorrow morning!)

From Ariel's perspective, today was one of those more or less productive days where nothing got finished but a lot of things got closer to being finished... And nearly ready for Tim to come home, though with just one more day I could really get the house looking good! Oh well, I'd rather have my husband than a clean house.

Currently, I am doing something I have never seen anyone else do, even in a YouTube video, and that I haven't done since high school, and which I first did when I was about 12. (Again, pictures to come tomorrow). The difference between this time doing this activity, and the previous times I've done it make me really appreciate the difference age makes - beyond experience or practice or knowledge, I can do something much better now having not so much as thought of it in over 5 years, despite having once done it on a regular basis and always struggling. And perception also changes so much! Like how walking Tilly on the Oak Harbor docks always strikes me how much she has grown and changed, this activity elicits the same feelings about myself. [Coloring my hair with henna]

In addition to Tim arriving early tomorrow morning, I will also be picking up a certain 15lb pig from the same flight who is to be our farm guest for a while. I made three trips nearly in a row to Ace Hardware today, each time buying one small item - first the hinges for the pig pen roof, something I knew I didn't have. As soon as those were on, I set about attaching the latches only to find the idea I had wasn't going to work, so back again I went to Ace! The third trip, I was stapling chicken wire over the heat lamp hole and could have sworn I had the right staples! But no, so back again I went. Hopefully with a little pixy magic, everything will be ready in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment