Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Healing

Yesterday Tim headed to Seattle for his very last physical therapy appointment!!! The physical therapist looked over his hand and decided it was healing nicely and good to go. One more doctors appointment in a few weeks and life will be back to normal after 3 months (currently at 2 1/2) of recovery. The last physical therapy appointment was also the first I've missed, but tag teaming with Tilly worked pretty well - Tim was heading for the ferry right around when I got home from work, so after a quick shower on my part and nap on Tilly's part we were out the door for some errands and the beach. A woman was kind enough to point out the largest jelly fish I have ever seen before Tilly was close enough to find it. Meanwhile, Tim headed out from his doctors appointment in Seattle to meet up with our recently transplanted friend, Zac. It sounds like they had a pretty good time, but I was glad to get my husband back this morning.

Two-foot plus sea creature with dog food heart for rough scale

Speaking of this morning, it started off so badly! I woke up after a full 8 hours of sleep for once and was cleaning up the house before heading out for work. Tilly was hanging out with me while I washed dishes and ran the laundry. I then discovered a terrible design flaw in our kitchen - as I was removing dishes, I bent down to get a plate and stood up, smacking my head firmly on the corner of the cupboard door. Tilly thought she'd come play doctor while I sat on the floor feeling sorry for myself - not helpful! Well, when the pain subsided, it was time to head to work! Wednesday is my busiest day with back to back jobs from 8am to 5pm and a very tight turn around between the two. After all my cleaning efforts, I rushed to get to work before I was too late and managed to make it by 8:07. I flipped on the lights and started putting dog bowls down when Geri, the other employee, walked it. Evidently today wasn't my day after all! Delighted, I hoped back in my truck and headed home for a cookie baking marathon and some errands around the island before my next job.

No comments:

Post a Comment