Wednesday, January 15, 2014

One Car Family

Wow, I'd like to note that I've broken 100 posts according to my blogging platform. Crazy!

Today I did double-duty on my jobs. This morning, I headed out bright and early for my job at the dog kennel. While at work, I got a call from my grandpa stranded on the side of the road with a broken down car. I took the car because I left the lights on in the truck and it's decided to retaliate by declining to start, though otherwise I don't think Tim's arm is quite ready for truck driving yet, so I swung by the house, picked up the handy mechanical husband, and went to rendezvous with Grandpa then returned for the last of my day at job #1. After work, I made the mad dash home for a quick shower where Tim had hot, delicious and nutritious lunch waiting for me on the table like the hero he is, then Tim drove me to job #2 and dropped me off so he and Grandpa could run the Lexus up to Coupville for some work. After job #2 providing home care finished up, I walked up the street to hop in the car and be whisked out to dinner by the fine men of my house. What a lovely day it ended up being! We've voted and unanimously decided that Grandpa is our favorite housemate to date. Though it would seem we'd be in very different places in our lives, in a lot of ways it feels like we have more in common. Aside from our three old, unreliable vehicles, we all are new here and getting settled in after a big move from a very different life. Tim has been helping Grandpa by checking out his car and Grandpa's been helping us out by looking after Tilly and changing over laundry when he sees it. When Daniel and I were little, I remember us talking about how we wished we could spend more time with Grandpa and get to know him better. I'm so glad I'm getting that time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment