Thursday, January 30, 2014

Things that delight me:

1. We have a puppy! She is asleep on the floor and is learning to be good at getting her toys out and entertaining herself. She is getting good at cuddling. She loves hanging out with Grandpa and he seems to like her too. She makes us all feel even more like a full family.

2. I have a job! I have three jobs! Two that are ending and one that is starting. One that is starting that I am excited to do for reasons other than money. One that involves caring for adorable sweet cuddly children, playing outside in the sun, and remembering my mums tales of counting sprinkles for equality.

3. There is food growing in and around our house! My seeds in the Extra-Special-Farm-Room (that still needs a real name) are growing! Little specs of green are visible through the dark dirt. Also, I think Tilly bit off the little green leaves that were starting to show from the potatoes but I have confidence the potato will recover.

4. Tim is working again! And makes more money than me! And probably always will! Tim makes more in a day than I make in a week, which frees me up from doing things just for money and instead because they are fulfilling and hopefully also pay something. It frees me up to use some of my time for money-saving ventures like making and growing rather than strictly earning for which I am very grateful. Tim and his dad are back to working on the Kachink-Kachink getting it for-sale ready and sound like they've made awesome progress in just their first day. Tim says his had is at about 80-90% and all day working he hardly noticed any problems with it.

5. Our house is the family hostel! Over dinner of cod chowder prepared by Joe, we reflected on how nice it is to run the family hostel where all the people we know and love sometimes stop by for a few days and help out around the place and visit while staying in their increasingly familiar room. Joe is here for a while, then in March we look forward to seeing Alice again and in April Mum plans to come down, as well as any other friends in the near future. I think I heard Grandpa continuing to make plans for his friends to visit in the future.

1 comment: