Monday, February 3, 2014

February = spring?

 Well, Tilly and her very brave new friends at Greenbank Farm seem to think it's looking a lot like spring! Even though my hands are freezing after every walk if I forget my hand muffs.

The little plants in our extra-special-farm-room are getting bigger every day! When the baby chickens come in ONE MONTH I will move the plants out and the birds in.

Speaking of animals I'm going to eat, the question of hunting rabbits has finally concluded. We made some new friends OUR AGE today and they are so cool! We are very excited. The young man at UU Congregation said he had a wife, but before today we had yet to see the proof. After being sick for a few weeks, she made it! And we finally got to meet her. Tim invited our new friends over to hang out and watch The Big Game with us. Oh, right, on the meat note, they just got a pair of meat rabbits to breed and I look forward to helping out with the fur and meat production and processing. The young man is working on making a bow and arrows and a spear for alternative deer hunting too. They came over with their baby and dog and spent some time on the beach with me and Tim and Tilly, with Joe and Grandpa watching from the landing on the stairs. We had a lovely time, played deceptively tricky board games, and then I had to whisk myself away. I've been meaning to help an acupuncturist and alpaca farmer up by Penn Cove learn to use her loom for months now and the stars finally aligned. We had a good time working together and made it about a quarter of the way through the dressing process, to be continued next week. I left her to the tedious threading after she got the idea and buzzed back home to see if my guests were still around. I made it just in time to see the one touch down by the Broncos of the entire game (sad, sad game for any fans they may have had in the house) and was delighted to see my new friend finished all but the last piece of that terribly tricky lion puzzle! Hooray! And Grandpa is relieved as well. He says the next person to bring a puzzle into the house is getting their drivers licence revoked by him until it's done and gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment