Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Tilling

I've been terribly sick for a week or so with a particularly nasty bug that's been making the rounds. The only update I could give you for the last week would have been how much sleep I got and how many times Oliver pulled Abby's hair. Now I have a day off, it's beautiful out, and I want to do some tilling! Research first.

My research suggests either using the tiller to scrape the grass and remove it, or skip tilling all together and instead rent that chipper and get our branches turned into wood chips to cover the garden, as well as throwing all that cardboard on there, compost, and whatever else we have around to add to the garden. Use the simplest answer, right?

For some Sunday-morning gardening, here is a full length film about the wonders of wood-chip gardening following nature's example: http://www.backtoedenfilm.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment