Monday, December 2, 2013

Handyman


My outstanding husband spent the day repairing all the shocks and tightening the steering on the truck, installed an outlet on the ceiling in the shop, and mounted his power cord reel. He velcroed  tools to his left hand and used his elbow to hold things in place. It's amazing how even with one hand he can do so many thing most of us would be intimidated to try under any condition. When we were working on the truck and he headed in to look for more tools, I tested my theory that his one hand can still do way more than both my arms combined - and I was right, as I pulled fruitlessly on the bar he'd been working through the steering column to re-tap a hole.

Oh right, now I remember why we had to get the truck all fixed up: after several weeks of missing trash pickup, having visitors, cleaning up the construction site, and grandpa moving in, we had quite the pile of refuse stacked around our house and I was beginning to feel buried so we loaded up the truck and headed to the dump. The dump is just outside Coupeville, which I believe is practically Oak Harbor, so we headed around the last few corners and stopped by the DMV - which is closed on Mondays and open Saturdays here on Whidbey, so that didn't work - then we picked up some other items like a new toilet seat, a cutting board, and nail clippers. All the essentials of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment