Monday, March 10, 2014

Acting on Dreams


We got up early this morning and delivered my car to our excellent detailer in Oak Harbor for a little salvation then spent some time walking around Fort Casey for a while with Tilly. All that concrete and those giant cannon guns have been sitting there for the last 100 years! Tim and I were inspired and both agreed we wished we could be in charge of the National Historical Society or something to be able to unlock all the closed doors and do something with the space. It would be great to mock up some areas to look how it would have at the time, maybe even wax figures, and more information about what the rooms were used for and such. By the time we got home, we were ready for lunch and a nap, then Tim worked on the truck a little while I got busy outside. After dreaming for years and drawing up so many sets of plans, I finally put some of my sketches into the real world. I stole all the rebar from my collapsing compost bins (I think pallets are a better way to go) and used them to steak out my future gates and corners around the yard. I ran a string around the whole perimeter with markings every 4 and 8 feet to guide where my t-posts will be. I also planted the succulents I was given and took a look at my greenhouse. It's finally starting to feel warm in the greenhouse, but somehow the door was broken and no longer lines up well for opening and closing. Hopefully we will get it fixed up and working again quickly so my plants can move outside and I can get the next batch of seedlings started.

No comments:

Post a Comment