Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Bwa ha ha! Warm, sunny, gardening!

Aaand I've been blogging again! See? It really is directly related to what's going on in our lives, the weather, and our health (I am still rather sick but Alice says it doesn't sound like pneumonia, so Tim has given up on restraining me for the time being). We had an awesome day today with Alice. After waffle breakfast, Tim, Alice, Tilly and I loaded into the car to drop it off at Les Shuab, then spent about three hours or so exploring the shops with excellent thrift store scores and kind, dog-loving folks at the hardware store. We took a long walk around the block, down wooded lanes, back around to the shop, had popcorn and tea, then stopped by the Goose community grocery store to stock up on fruits.

This afternoon, Alice floated between Tim's rocket fuel project and my gardening project. Despite the extra set of eyes, Tim managed to burn his new fingers on the molten sugar mixture, but my gardening went much better as I mastered the weedwacker and Tilly ran in joyous bounds up and down the now fully enclosed garden space and Alice scooped up the giant armloads of cut stuff and piled it high. It was a lovely afternoon of working along side my mother-in-law building a garden with intermittent visits from an injured Tim and frequent visits from a delighted puppy.

Grandpa joined us for some roasted veggies, corned beef, and experimental tofu. Oh! and sometime in the day Fritz dropped by with a map of trails through the Trillium forest and a little local history! What a delightful day off. Now I will go see if Alice is up for a little Downton Abby.

No comments:

Post a Comment