Tuesday, March 18, 2014

In bed

Still... Still in bed. As my amazing husband of many hidden talents takes apart the truck clutch and transmission and feeds me and takes our little puppy for romps on the beach. The deal was as long as I listen to him and stay in bed, he will take care of me and hopefully I will stop being so sick soon.

Despite my never ending bed rest, I was allowed to bring my blankets and coats and hats and puppy and water bottle with me and ride along in the car up to Anacortes and back yesterday as Tim went to get his flywheel machined and I went to score some gates for my fence from Home Depot. I dream of digging post holes for my fence. At least I got one good day of working in our little garden with Alice before  being bundled up and sent to bed on Friday night.

Between naps, I've been as productive as getting a bit farther on finishing my Masters in Teaching papers and I corresponded with the lovely people who have my baby chickens. It looks like April 15 is the new date as the winter seems to have dragged on a little too long and froze the early spring eggs of those outdoor hens. You can buy asparagus in December, but if you want to grow it, it only comes up in spring and you'll only find it at the farmers markets then. I am trying to remember I believe in this and want to support the awesome Sand Hill Preservation Center as I hear that they don't have 20 hatch-able eggs yet. I must remember this as I walk past the isles of chicks at the Farm Supply store. I must be patient! But it would be so nice to have baby chicks in bed with me while I'm ill. Give me little cheeps to brighten my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment