Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Noise complaints.

Last night after work, Tim and I made the long drive to Sea-Tac to pick up his mom, Alice. On our way home, we stopped by the shell station down the street from our house and were met with a deafening noise - frogs! We got out of the car and walked to the soggy spot between the parking lot and road and I covered my ears at a noise like an industrial fire alarm. Tim and I each easily caught one of the thousands of culprits that seem to think noise is a better defense than diving under the water. The buggers were surprisingly small for how intensely loud they were! I was imagining what a terror it would be to have a plague of frogs if your doors and windows didn't seal too well and everything was a bit damp. I think I would quickly go insane if I couldn't escape from the intensity of the noise. I can't remember if I mentioned, but the other night we heard very loud seals on our beach. During the day the birds have been filling the trees and doing their part to call in the spring. This morning, it was warm and sunny so I kicked my seeding out of the house. Hopefully I can get some good work on my garden done tomorrow with Alice if Tim decides I'm not too sick and lets me out of bed. It's supposed to be even hotter and sunnier! I don't know how I'll survive the summer; lemonade and a hammock I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment