Sunday, April 13, 2014

Found!

Yesterday, I had Master Gardener's Class in the morning, and got home just in time to see Brother Tim and Husband Tim shoot of the potato gun while Tilly chewed on a skin. After Brother Tim headed off for the ferry again after a little visit, I got busy digging two more raised beds while Tim did a second pass over the property with the lawn mower (it is looking excellent!) and Dad, via phone, came up with the best plan yet for turning all the piles of branches on our property into wood chips.

Today! Today Tim headed off to help a friend of a friend with a mower, and Tilly and I headed to the Trillium forest! After hours of sad puppy having to stay in the car watching other dogs play while I accompanied some experienced search teams, it was finally Tilly's turn! With all the other dogs put away, she was free to meet all the humans, then do her own baby search problems. For the first day, it is my job to be the bait and the reward. It is my day to be super exciting with a stick and then run off while someone restrains her until I am nearly out of sight and have dove into the bushes (hopefully not nettles), then Tilly is released to come racing after, pausing near me to sniff and look and listen, then the big party when we are reunited! Sticks and squealing and all kinds of loving enthusiasm. Then we do it again, with me racing over a freshly logged swath waving my arms madly and shouting all the way down the hill. After three increasingly long runaways, we got to walk back to the cars with our entourage and sticks and get some water and cheese and go home until next week. Friday is going to be some dusk work and hopefully my last day of being the runner before I get to upgrade to handler and follow Tilly as she chaises after some other poor exhausted folk.

Now... about that school work. I think I'm done with my last paper! Thanks Joe for helping me stay motivated. Still a portfolio to go with a goal of May 7th.

No comments:

Post a Comment