Monday, April 7, 2014

Rescued

Well, yesterday I went to my first Search and Rescue K9 unit meeting! Tilly stayed home so I could focus on watching the drills and meeting the group. So far they are a fun and friendly group with a good balance of experienced dogs and handlers, as well as other fresh puppies. Next Sunday, Tilly will be joining me in the Trillium forest for her first official practice problems. I am so excited! For me, Search and Rescue was one of the saddest options to leave behind by moving and I know Tilly could use the work. We are delighted to begin training. Also this coming weekend, I will be resuming my Master Gardeners training. Speaking of gardening, I went out this morning to look through my horsetail plot and found some little lettuces mixed in there! And my garlic seems to be holding its own quite well. I still see that plot being replaced with asparagus in the near future, but for now I am waiting and seeing what comes up.

Scoping out the Trillium forest for next Sunday

Tim has been spending time with Tilly and did further landscaping on the beach. Oh right! And we sheared our first fiber animal! Our little ball of black and brown is a little less black now with her new summer do.  Now I have a garbage bag full of fur to see if I can spin!

I took  the low-pressure, kiss-covered job for the first hour
then abandoned Tim to keep at her for a couple more. 

...Yes, that's a mohawk, and yes, she's keeping it!
I like her frosted black baby tips and it matches her giant fluffy tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment