Monday, April 21, 2014

Spring means work

Tim mowed all the grass again - some how after only a few days, it was over the ankles already!

The baby chickens ate about 50 worms - lots of fighting and frantic running about.

Tilly learned to come when I whistle - first try and she got it instantly, even while playing or eating barnacles.

Mom helped pull weeds - I hauled off 30 gallons of highly compacted weeds and found some lettuce hiding in the garden under all those horse tales

Grandpa got out the leaf blower - and lo and behold, the entire stairs to the beach were leaf-free again! (thanks mom)

I finished digging the garden! Mom said it looked hopeless and like it needed some serious work and possibly heavy machinery, so I'm not posting pictures until the paths are covered in wood-chips and the whole things planted... I think it's glory is a bit hard to make out to the untrained eye.

Last night, Mom and I sat down to write out my latest business plan - one that will hopefully be implemented this week, and while sitting at the table talking and working, we heard a strange noise. I couldn't understand why Tilly would possibly be making such weird noises when she should be passed out on my bed, and the chicks aren't all that loud or deep sounding, so I stepped out on the porch. We thought perhaps Tim was making strange noises out the downstairs door, but no - the noise was coming from up in the nearest tree. Hoo-hoo and squawking from at least two owls! After a while of listening, at least one flew off right over our heads. Such a lovely place to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment