Thursday, September 12, 2013

Intruding on Insects

All the busy days and excitements I nearly forgot about writing. Let's see... what all happened today? I am sore on every part of my body from raking up another three wheel barrows of mulchy-grass and it was only a five-foot strip in the far corner of the lawn. When I laugh I feel all my sore newly-forming muscles stretch and groan. I tried to avoid killing too many moths and slugs and spiders; the house has been empty for so long, I feel like we are the intruders. That our small family is displacing hundreds of little critters that have been calling this place home for generations. I feel I should at least give them the opportunity to relocate by easing into their space. Tim found a tiny egg in a nest this morning while looking through the barn. The egg had a little hole in it and when we brought it inside, a little worm crawled out.

Mom and I headed to the garden supply store this morning to get a hose and sprayer so I could water the seeds Tim and I planted in the chicken run yesterday. We came home with two hoses, sprayers, hose boxes, a metal glider bench with chickens on it, curtain rods... I don't even know what all else. All this shopping to get the house set up before company comes and Mom and Dad go back to Juneau. The roofers were busy working by eight. I think other than the trip down the street this morning, we've all stayed at the house today, sanding the porches, assembling the beds, cleaning the kitchen, and organizing wedding photos. Our neighbor came and visited for a while, and Joe came back for one more night before his room gets taken over by uncles.


No comments:

Post a Comment