Thursday, September 19, 2013

Too much excitement, too much busyness, too many good things!

 It seems the more we repel the spiders and bugs, the closer they came. We woke up to find a giant spider web attached to our dining table and a wasp nest by the front door - both new as of last night, and both now removed. I vow to defend our future visitors from unwanted insect company to the best of my ability and think it will be better in the winter and as we continue to solidify our presence in the house and seal entry points.

My mum is absolutely adorable and went to the thrift store this morning to find appropriate, fun, fashionable clothes for staining the deck.

Tilly's things are all ready for her arrival tomorrow! In 12 hours we will be driving on our way to the airport to pick her up from her long flight from Chicago. Thankfully her current caretakers are driving her and her sister all the way so they can have non-stop flights to their new homes.

Tim, Dad, Mom, and even Grandpa got busy and finished sanding and staining all the decks! I wish I would have gotten a picture of Grandpa out there with a roller in one hand and a brush in the other crawling around in his socks getting the edges of the decks stained! They were at it from early this morning until after dark. I planted peppers, peas, onions, did some cleaning inside, and cooked dinner for the family. I am so proud of them and grateful. Sanding porches is not my greatest strength.

I also went on a bike adventure to town this morning in an effort to relax before Tilly arrives and on a mission to pick up some items on my list. I found this excellent and official sign. Thank you Whidbey Island! I also found the veterinary office, though it was closed for lunch, and made a stop at the grocery store to make Tilly a toy. When I got to the check out stand with my bicycle in a very narrow isle, I remembered I was still waiting for a new card in my new name! I gave the poor woman a check with my name and address both crossed out and re-written. At least I had that.

Tim and I went on an adventure of South Whidbey in a largely unsuccessful attempt to run errands, though very successful for relaxing during these whirlwind times.  

No comments:

Post a Comment