Monday, September 23, 2013

Tilly defeats the ferocious apple

I promise, in a few weeks, there will be chickens and I will write about things other than Tilly again, but for now, I feel I may never sleep again as my little defender protects me from purple squeaky toys and ferocious apples.

This morning, long before light and after Tilly had decided walks were not for her, we came in and spent some time playing in the kitchen. I thought, rattles, ropes, and squeakers are okay, but what a dog really needs is a ball. And I remembered the apple. I rolled one out for her, and she trembled. She growled, she barked. She watched in shock, awe, and horror as this new beast flew across the floor. I tried peanut butter. I tried holding them both together. I waited. Slowly she concord the apple. Slowly working up her courage, slowly pouncing closer and closer. All morning has been filled with the entertainment of her happily chewing on her apple until it suddenly escapes and flies across the floor again, or springs to life as she tries to carry it over an obstacle and it gets away! She took it in the bedroom and watched with curiosity as she lifted and dropped it with only a thunk as the carpet kept it from rolling. What a silly puppy.


No comments:

Post a Comment