Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Evacuating

Oy. After being terribly sick all day and having my AMAZING husband feed me smoothies made of a dozen fresh fruits and veggies and walk our puppy while I lay curled up in sad positions on soft surfaces, Tim reported that the smell of the polyurethane (like nail polish) the guys were putting on the downstairs flooring was getting so strong he could taste the chemicals and for the sake of our brains we needed to get out of the house for the night, right away. Tim brought the car up to the front door, I wrapped my blanket around myself and curled up in the car, and after thinking about our chances of finding a cheap, clean, available, pet friendly hotel, we headed for Oak Harbor for a night on Joe's boat. I probably should have brought shoes other than my slippers, but at least I brought a change of clothes other than my pink elephant pajamas, and Tim brought food for all three of us. With the fresh air, funny movies, and plenty of Advil (which, I have realized, is sugar-coated Ibuprofen - Wonderful!), I've started to perk up and feel at least well enough to take Tilly with me when I make the long trek to the top of the dock to go to the loo.


Today, I did not do the walking or much of anything, but yesterday we ran into Sandy and her wonderful humans, John and Fay, all of whom Tilly adores. Even when Tim - who has yet to run into our neighbors walking - takes Tilly out, she will stop and pull and want to go their house anytime she walks past. Here is Sandy in her sporty rain poncho with Tilly nipping along beside. How patient that big white gal is! Thank goodness.

[Also, I will confess, I am posting this retroactively because I felt THAT terrible, and because my computer and the internet are two things that weren't on Joe's boat... along with my shoes. Really a bad call with the shoes.]

No comments:

Post a Comment