Monday, November 4, 2013

Never think of this again ever.

Tilly and I headed up for our morning walk (on the new timezone! success). When we got to the top of the driveway, there was a city-looking truck parked and a man in a yellow vest walking the road. I waited for him to come back towards the truck and then thought of the tactful way to ask a stranger, "are you here for the rotting deer in my yard?" He was, though said he didn't remove deer from bushes and we would have to drag it up for him to take away. I ran and got Tim, then headed into the bushes armed with gloves and trying not to gag from 20 feet away. Tim said it was a one person job and he didn't need my help. I can't imagine being single - Tim is such a hero. He grabbed an arm load of rotting bits and headed for the truck, while I headed for the furthest bushes I could find to fight the losing battle with my stomach. Now I am listening to the sounds of grinding and pounding and who knows what else coming from the guys finishing the basement. Happy sounds. Trying not to think of what just happened and working up to taking Tilly for the rest of her walk.

Here they are putting on the top coat of floor. All that remains is polishing it up a little and staining it tomorrow and Wednesday!

Tilly's super stylish grown-up collar just came in the mail

It is pretty big on her still, but tightened to the smallest setting, it at least stays on and looks oh so good

No comments:

Post a Comment