Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Posting about posts.

First off, I'd like to promote an Island resource and mention some changes to this site.

From Drew's List, the local list-serve for South Whidbey, I've rediscovered Whidbey Green Goods, which is a site that boasts of offering produce from over 50 local farmers and suppliers and over 200 items, though probably a little slimmer choices in the winter. Though I don't believe I currently have anyone reading my blog who actually lives on the Island, it's a good thing to know about even for visiting or for living here in the future.

On changes to this site, you may notice that under the "pictures" link at the top, I've streamlined the setup so that each month has a sort of summery through a few choice pictures with captions. I plan to continue to update this section monthly. Under calendars, I have been working to update the information, so now perhaps it will be useful to check out what's happening on the Island that you might look forward to next time you're here. That's the sort of thing that takes continuing updating, though I've now got some regular events scheduled to repeat so at least there aren't any more blank months. I hear about more cool things happening on the island all the time, so I expect the calendar to continue to improve.

Finally, a little update on things around here: The floor in the basement is no longer gray, but now a nice warm fall color instead. Tomorrow should be finishing touches! So far, I didn't see quite the variation in colors that the floor at Greenbank has, but maybe that's part of finishing touches. Besides, it was hard to get a good look at anything today, so I guess tomorrow will be the great unveil, and as long as it's livable, I will be relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment