Thursday, October 24, 2013

Paint and Plaster

Woohoo! I had given up on the sheetrock in the shop ever getting done, I had given up on waiting with baited breath for the house to be done, but yet again, it's just one more week! The guys have moved a big pile of very special sheetrock into the shop and are busy screwing it to the ceiling. They say they will be done tomorrow, which they better as the flooring guy comes to get started Monday. Over the weekend, Tim and I will pull up the remaining tack-strips (I am even more grateful now to my uncles who already did so much of the work) and scrape up the last bit of flooring, then by Halloween, things should be looking pretty good down there!

The bad news of the day is that there will be no chicks until at least March. This does mean that as long as we take Tilly, we are more free to leave the house for a few days. Also, our little farm animals won't have such a chilly beginning to life. I am disappointing I won't be having roasted chicken for Christmas dinner, but when they do come we will be that much more ready for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment