Friday, October 25, 2013

Working hard!

The house is looking great! Our two favorite guys did a few last minute touch-ups on the paint and hung all the sheetrock in the shop before George the boss came through for a look. 


Tim did his part and scraped up the last of the flooring while I cleaned the kitchen.


Then Tim moved on to the bathroom and got the toilet back into the tub where it belongs.


And finally made his way to the bedroom to rip up the last of the tack strips. My super awesome husband!


I was too enamored with our puppy to be much use. Look how big she is!!


And doesn't that look like such a good scratch?


She's just too adorable. And there are soo many more pictures I'm skipping. Be thankful.


Tim vanished after the work was done, so I brushed up on my Spanish and discovered he was no where to be seen. Down on our personal playa, I saw a flash of green and heard some POPs and BANGs.


Tim is enjoying his "days of greatness" post-birthday, and putting all his birthday treasures to good use.


Tilly seems to be not at all gun-shy as she has far too many important important sticks and rocks and clumps of seaweed to attend to. Even sitting on my lap watching, she seemed pretty content and not too surprised by all our mischief.


It's hard to compete with a good stick.


By the time we had retrieved the Tim from the beach, there was a crew of about five guys in our shop. One had a long stick that seemed apply tape and mud all in one go, while a second guy trotted behind on stilts smoothing everything out. Looks good to me! And most importantly, it's done! Friday night at 5pm, not leaving much time to spare.


Now we have the house to ourselves again for the weekend before flooring starts Monday! So excited and delighted and relieved!


Currently, as I write, Tim and Tilly are fighting over the couch behind me. I think Tilly is doing a great job trying to find a spot when Someone is being a couch hog. Look! She makes a great pillow or blanket. Need an ear-warmer? She's on it!


(We have early bedtimes in this family these days)

Oh, I also wanted to include this article my friend Acacia shared on facebook. Mother Earth News put out the article "Living Fences: How-to, advantages, and tips" which talks about planting specific trees and training them into super awesome hedges to keep critters on the right side of the line. Unfortunately, it takes a few years to establish. I'll have to think about a spot to try it out.

starting a living fencesecond year of living fenceOsage orange living fence

No comments:

Post a Comment