Thursday, October 10, 2013

Sleepy

Another morning helping out on Mary's Paradise Found Fiber Farm with the exceptionally friendly pygora goats and all the others, then back to sleep for me. Despite my best efforts to keep Tilly up late, I slept terribly last night, listening to the little noises she makes and anticipating having to get up and take her out. When I finally woke up again, I came out to see Tilly and Tim wrapped up in blankets on the couch both wet! Tim and Tilly had decided October is the right time for puppy swim lessons and took a trip to the beach. Evidently she did great, swam around a little before heading to shore and was happy to go in again for a second try. She also got to have her first nice, warm shower since living with us. What a lucky pup! And what a lucky wife I am to get to sleep through it.

Downstairs still has men busy at work, though I haven't seen what they are doing down there yet today. It looks like they are ready to start painting the ceiling if they haven't already. Tim got a cord in the mail to analyse our cars with his computer. I still need to mix up another batch of whitewash, though I don't think I'll get a chance to use it until Saturday. I definitely learned my lesson about the importance of waterproof gloves while using lime and won't make the same mistake again; I feel like a snake!

2 comments:

  1. Do try the sprayer for applying the white-wash. I think you will appreciate the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have read my past whitewash notes before doing it again this summer!

    ReplyDelete